An introduction...

This is an account of my time wintering over at Palmer Station Antarctica. Although I've never blogged before, it seems like the easiest way to share my experience with family and friends while I'm down there.

I'm not much of a writer, as I've spent most of my adult life writing technical emails of five lines or less, so I'm afraid my writing skills are circling the drain. I'm not proud of it, but at least I can admit it. So I apologize in advance for that. I don't anticipate having a lot of time to edit my posts, so stream of consciousness it is!

If you have any questions for me, please ask in the comments section, or email me directly. Right now I don't think I have any restrictions on comments, but if the trolls and bots get obnoxious, I might need to turn them off.

Here is a link to the Palmer Station Web Cam and current weather, as well as a little bit of station history and the science that goes on there. There are also a lot of YouTube videos of Palmer Station if you want to see more of it.

So yeah, I'm headed to Antarctica 😳


Queenstown, Otago, NZ

Popular posts from this blog

Weekends...

Final post from Antarctica?...

Chchchchanges...